Home Security Survey
Review the Following with Your Locksmith
- Do all exterior doors have high quality dead bolts?
- If doors have glass, is dead bolt a double cylinder type?
- Are door strikes high security and secured into framing studs?
- Are repairs needed to upgrade strength of "D" doors or frames?
- Are outside hinge pins of doors secure?
- Do doors have wide-angle viewers?
- Are locks on sliding patio doors sufficient?
- Are doors leading to basements and garages as secure as exterior doors?
- When you move into a new residence, do you have all the locks re-keyed?
- Are windows sturdy and kept repaired?
- Are windows secured with high quality secondary locks?
- Are windows opening onto fire escapes, patios or balconies locked when you go to bed?
- Are basement windows secured from being forced open from outside?
LIGHTING AND SHRUBBERY
- Are shrubs trimmed low to prevent a burglar from hiding near windows and doors?
- Are all entrances illuminated?
- Are all exterior lights located high enough to prevent tampering?